The adventures of a wacky girl who decided to cut off all her hair.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

And then I thought it might be fun to take pictures in all the places my laptop goes

So it not only becomes the Saga of the Shorn, but the Wandering Walks of the Wigless... or something equally retarded. Yeah! Here I am in the PCL library (yes, redundant) on the UT campus...




This is post-brilliant-workout. Which here is copied from my other blog...

Of Workouts

Some people, as I mentioned before, have the ability to power through 16-mile runs "for fun." Peggy, you know I'm glaring at you. I admire them a lot, but I would never "go running with them to hang out." For one thing, you'd have to scrape me off the ground with a spatula at the end of it. For another thing, there would be no hanging out involved. There would be me breathing like a laboring woman. Then there would be Peggy, about 50 feet ahead, dancing lightly in circles running backwards to encourage me. Then there would be me attempting to throw things. And then collapsing in aforementioned meltdown.

So I have some feeble bragging to make. I hauled myself out of bed (yes, at 12 noon :D), walked down to Gregory, did some weights and machines and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I managed to do just over 3 miles on some "hill workout" (which involves progressively tougher levels, I guess - for some reason I picked 5 although I'm sure 1 would have worked fine). I found that I prefer ellipticals to actual running... because although I'm sure the exercise it offers is inferior, the elliptical actually allows me to stare blankly at a TV screen while I "run."

I brought my Nano along for the fun of it. It was a great distraction; one can only people-watch (more precisely, stare at the fat butt of the old man in front) for so long. I used the beats of my music to dictate how fast or how slowly I ran. Tiny tip: Do not try to keep up with the "Beast and the Harlot" from Guitar Hero II at "the peak of Kilimanjaro workout" unless you want to end up with tingling feet tips. My feet were numb by the end of that song. It was so much longer than I expected, and it really took it out of me. On the other hand, it made me do 3/4 of a mile in 4 minutes. Hah. (I slacked off a few times in disbelief at the song's transitions into yet more length and complexity)

It was a very cathartic experience. But I still don't like people looking at me when I work out. Gyms are such embarrassing places.

Now since I'm being so virtuous, I will go write an article or something. Either on hair or on cleaning house. Or I will write a paper.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SERIOUSLY loving your hair like this, Kat!!! Especially with earrings, it is a really nice balance.

I vote for not letting it get too long. Yes? Yes?

Mer said...

Ellipticals rock. I don't run anymore, I just do intervals/glute work. Fabulous!